Humans vs. Zombies is a highly anticipated, gut-wrenching game not just played by the skillful macho men on campus. This game is highly popular with the ladies as well, giving us the feeling of “anything you can do I can do better” or I’m just here to team up with the guys.
Having observed the game many times and having played once where I died on the first day, I have very insightful information that will help you survive. Let’s face it, I’m a better thinker than an actor.
Here are some tips that will guarantee, you get through:
1. Always have a buddy. I can’t stress how important this because having buddies will only help you get far in a game. For example, you set out watching each others backs and gaining ground, you create code words, text locations of zombies to each other and build a strong friendship. Having spent some hours playing together you may realize that if your buddy is helpful, reliable, and trustworthy. If all else fails you can trip them and save yourself. Use this as your absolute last resort. It’s tough love but someone’s got to pay the price. What would Jesus do?
2. Carry snacks. Just incase you skipped lunch, trying to not get caught or you hide in a spot for a long time, snacks will be your best friend. This is no ‘Hunger Games’; you have no sponsors, so pack up some snacks and water.
3. Dress Cute but comfy. Time to bust out your Lululemon gear, Nike Free’s, cute workout tank, and black war paint. You have to look the part even if you can’t really play. Even if you die, your death could be overlooked by your humans vs. zombies inspired outfit of the day.
4. Fake it till you make it. Pull a Fat Amy and yell out “I’ve been tagged!!” and once the zombie stops and is about to run away, you shoot like there’s no tomorrow.
5. Shoot like there’s no tomorrow. Nothing is more fun than emptying out your Nerf gun on a single zombie, just for the laughs. Always go for the kill. Seriously though, don’t even think about it. Shoot for everything. If hear someone coming towards you, shoot! It’s better to be safe than sorry. You don’t want to risk it later.
6. If you want to give up, at least die with a purpose. Die for a friend to escape, (cues sad music), die helping your friends on a mission, or die but make it look cool, giving the impression that you didn’t go down without a fight.
What you gain from this game:
This thrilling game is great for avoiding all responsibilities for a short while. It gives you a break from reality and allows you to bring to life your inner C.O.D. player. It makes you feel excited but scared all at the same time for all you adrenaline junkies, and it’s always enjoyable. This game creates a sense of belonging for some and helps establish lasting friendships. My only hope is that this information will keep you alive for at least 2 hours, if so, you’re welcome.
Leave a Reply