Orange County is known for its beautiful beaches and great weather that attracts crowds from all areas around the world. In a recent poll done on Instagram, Vanguard University of Southern California students responded to a series of questions regarding what they enjoy doing as college students in Orange County. Located across the street from the OC Fair and Event Center, students have an abundance of options available year around. Let’s take a look at some of their favorite things to do as well as hidden gems they have discovered in the area.
When asked the question “What do you do for fun in OC as a college student?” 38% voted ‘Stay in with friends’ while the other 62% of students voted ‘Go out with friends’. To get a better idea of what these responses entailed, we asked some followup questions. When asked “Would you rather: Go to the beach or explore the city?”, 54% of students voted on going to the beach and 46% on exploring the city. The next question asked whether students preferred going to the movie theater or having an at-home movie night. Their responses showed that 30% preferred going to the theater while 70% favored at-home movie nights.
The last question allowed for students to submit any other activities they enjoyed doing that were not listed for them. They were also given the opportunity to give some recommendations for their favorite hidden gems in town. Their responses were; “Go to the OC fair when they have fun events”, “Going to disneyland/amusement parks”, “Try new boba tea and acai bowl places!!!”, “Roller Skate at Newport Beach”, “Breakfast Republic One: of the best breakfast places ever!”, “Coffee dose: best coffee”, “The pickleball courts in Tustin”, “Parking District”, “Fourtea”, “Balboa Lily’s”, “BookOff- Japanese Bookstore on Harbor Blvd.”, and “Stereoscope”.
Check these spots out and enjoy all that the beautiful OC has to offer!